American recently freshened its 45 year old logo, which now includes a stylized U.S. flag image on aircraft tails, the long-time signature look of US Airways planes.
I travel a lot, so I have had the opportunity to talk about this with many airline employees. Clearly, they are not happy. A pilot said the problem is that both companies had angry employee cultures ... and smaller troughs make pigs meaner.
Welcome to the friendly skies.
Here are some of the posts that caught my eye. Hope you find something interesting.
- Abraham Lincoln, as Management Guru. (NYTimes)
- Bill Gates Says College Ratings Perverse. It shouldn't be about how hard it is to get in. (Forbes)
- LinkedIn Alumni Tool Reveals Your Alma Mater’s Real-World Value. Kind of cool. (Socialtimes)
- Wall Street Journal and NYTimes Report Attack by China Hackers. (NYTimes)
- The Best and Worst Super Bowl Commercials of 2013. (TIME)
- Dell Repatriating $7 Billion of Overseas Cash. (FT)
- At G-20 Meeting, Officials Seek to Quell Talk of ‘Currency War’. (LATimes)
- Point/Counter-Point: Predicting the Post Inaugural Economy. (Vistage)
- 39% of Fund Managers Beat the S&P in 2012. (Ritholtz)
- Are Small Investors the Real 'Smart Money' Now? Does doing the opposite of 'Dumb' Money still make sense? (Yahoo! Finance)