Ingenious ... the dog uses a tool to get what it wants.
Let's say you are a dog that wants some chicken nuggets.
Unfortunately, those nuggets are frustratingly out of your reach.
Lucky for you, nobody is around to stop you (even if they did install a hidden video camera to figure out how you do it).
It is a great way to illustrate innovative problem solving:
- Step 1: Move a chair into position.
- Step 2: Leap onto the chair and then onto the counter, making sure not to disturb anything on the countertop.
- Step 3: Make way past the sink to toaster oven (where you know your prize resides). Open the oven to expose the nuggets.
- Step 4: Knock the tray of food to the ground so you can easily eat (otherwise known as 'hiding the evidence').
- Step 5: Practice your "ashamed" face to use when the humans force you to watch a video of your misdeeds.